EASY AND ELEGANT ALMOND FUDGE
Use a pound of our 59% cacao baking chocolate or 74% cacao chocolate drops to create some of the smoothest, most sophisticated fudge around.
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1 pound DAGOBA NEW MOON Bittersweet Dark Chocolate or DAGOBA CHOCODROPS Premium Chocolate Drops
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 sheets of plastic wrap, one going in each direction, leaving an overhang of several inches on all sides. Smooth out any wrinkles.
Shake the almonds in a coarse strainer over a bowl and discard any tiny particles. Toast the almonds on a baking sheet for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
Melt the chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk over medium-low heat in a medium heavy saucepan, whisking constantly until smooth.
Whisk the almonds, vanilla and salt into the chocolate mixture to combine well. Transfer to the prepared pan and spread evenly with a rubber spatula, paying attention to the corners. Let cool to room temperature. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours, or until thoroughly chilled and firm, for up to 1 week.
Remove the fudge from the pan by lifting the plastic wrap. Invert onto a cutting board and discard the plastic wrap. Cut the fudge into 8 strips and then cut each strip into 8 pieces. The fudge may be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Serve at room temperature.